Trainings & Workshops
As an educator, it can be frustrating and challenging when you’re unable to see a student succeed. Bridging the gap between the therapy room and the classroom is critical for both the child and the teacher to ensure that the skills the child learns in therapy, continue in the classroom.
Professional Program Development for Educators
These workshops were created specifically for teachers to help them better manage student fine motor, visual motor, sensory, and handwriting skills every day.
- Crawling to Crayons© - Emphasizes how normal development can foster the skills needed to develop motor proficiency for handwriting.
- Why Do They Do “That”?© - Explains the seven sensory systems and will give teachers a new perspective when addressing challenging behavior.
- How Can We Help? The Sequel© - The second part to, “Why Do They Do ‘That’?,” provides hands-on strategies that organize each of the seven sensory systems.
- Handwriting: The OT Perspective© - Strategies for teaching handwriting, and the visual and fine motor skills that go with it, from print to cursive.
- Stepping Into Handwriting - Developed by the Handwriting Without Tears Program, this course teaches you how to provide handwriting instruction to children.
- Keyboarding Success in Today’s Classroom© - Explains how to teach students keyboarding. Successful instruction goes beyond placing students in front of the computer to “learn” as they play keyboarding games.
Miami Handwriting is pleased to offer specialized, onsite services to our school partners. These services can include:
- Onsite Consulting – This includes school visits and classroom observation
- Custom Programs – We can customize programs to meet the specific needs of students and teachers.
- In-Class Instruction – Onsite classroom instruction to support your school’s students and teachers.
Miami Handwriting is proud to serve the following school partners for both onsite consulting and professional program development:
“The Growing Place has worked with Nicole Santamaria since 2014. She provides our staff with professional development training and provides ongoing support to our staff and children when needed. Our biggest take away from working with Nicole is that we are gaining a more in depth understanding of children’s development, especially in the area of fine motor skills and early handwriting skills. What our staff especially enjoys is the hands-on practical workshop settings where they learn about activities and strategies that they can implement in the classrooms. Understanding child development and learning how we can support children in our daily classroom practice, builds confidence and adds to the quality of our staff’s teaching skills.”
-Corina Decker, The Growing Place Director
Ready to get started?
Want Strategies and Solutions to Help Your Child?
Sign Up Here
Fill in the Gap · Remove Frustration · OT for Real Life
Meet the Founder
Miami Handwriting was founded by Nicole Santamaria OTR/L. Nicole has been an occupational therapist for over 15 years with a vast experience in pediatrics and adults. She is NDT trained with a strong foundation in development. She is highly trained in fine motor, visual motor, and handwriting skills. In addition, Nicole reaches out to the community with teacher trainings on normal development as it relates to fine motor, visual motor, and handwriting skills at a variety of schools.